- Promote awareness of Sanfilippo Syndrome and raise funds to support research amied at finding a cure.
- Jennifer & Stuart Siedman founded Ben's Dream in March 2001 in celebration of their son Benjamin's 5th birthday.
- In an effort to minimize expenses and maximize funds available directly for research, all fundraising will be done on a volunteer basis and no paid professional fundraisers will be used. As a result the Foundation will target to keep operating expenses under 5%.
- Grant proposals submitted by any accredited medical research institution will be considered. Grant recommendations will be made by a scientific advisory board using the guidelines of relevance, excellence and efficient use of funds.
The Foundation has a policy of forbidding any funds it awards from being used for indirect costs incurred by the grantees or institution with whom they may be affiliated.
- Public 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- Tax ID (EIN)#04-3565765.
- Public Filing:
- Ben's Dream submits IRS Form 990.
- Filings can be accessed at GuideStar.